"We wanted, particularly in the first episode of the show, to take the audience back and allow the audience to really experience what The Arrival was like. We feel like the first episode of season 2 has a big reset to it. You can really understand, from that episode, what the show is about. "
Colony‘s season 2 premiere uses flashback to show the arrival of the Hosts, the devastating invasion and quick subjugation of the humans.
"Will and Katie try to keep their family together in the changing city; Broussard returns home; Snyder receives a job offer from a mysterious organization.
Katie Bowman Finds out what is outside the blocks, but may lose more than she imagined. "
Much of this episode, the first of Season 2, deals with events surrounding The Arrival. Considerable detail is added to what we know about the major characters (Category:Bowman family, Maddie, Alan Snyder, Eric Broussard) and various organisations during that time. It becomes apparent that The Hosts had well established relationships with allies on Earth before The Arrival.
"You don't get where I'm sitting by only making two or three mistakes. "
Main Cast Edit
- Josh Holloway as Will Bowman
- Sarah Wayne Callies as Katie Bowman
- Peter Jacobson as Alan Snyder
- Amanda Righetti as Maddie Bowman
- Tory Kittles as Broussard
- Alex Neustaedter as Bram Bowman
- Isabella Crovetti-Cramp as Gracie Bowman
Recurring And Guest Cast Edit
- Lori Alan as Elaine
- Sherman Augustus as FBI Supervisor
- Jacob Buster as Charlie Bowman
- Dale Godboldo as Eric
- Molly Kunz as Cynthia Snyder
- Carolyn Michelle Smith as Devon
- Ally Walker as Helena Goldwin
- J. Paul Boehmer as Tim Lawes
- Tony L. Galloway as Harriet Broussard
- Rob Evors as Jones
- Cooper J. Friedman as Hudson Kenner
- Joyce Guy as Janice
- Stephanie Jones as Snyder's Assistant
- Jolene Kay as FBI Office Person
- Jude B. Lanston as Prison Guard
- Giovanni Lopes as Gangster Lt.
- Mikal Vega as Wierzbowski
Episode Deaths Edit
Surgical Strike of Rally Point of Special Forces Operators
Automated Installation of Gateway Walls
Season 2 Premiere Party, at The Yonk, Behind the Scenes
- The episode title is an allusion to the day and month of the Host's Arrival, which is November 13, when the Arrival began
- The meeting site for the Host and Alan Snyder is in Sepulveda Dam
- The building which serves as a stand-in for the FBI or Federal Building, is actually the former Headquarters for Union Oil of California, otherwise known as Unocal. Today, the building is a part of the Los Angeles Center Studios complex. The real Federal Building is actually located at 11000 Wilshire Boulevard.
- Unsecured Debt - Debt or a loan that is not secured by some type of collateral, such as a car or a home. Collateral is a means of insuring that a loan will be paid back in full. If the loan is not paid back, then those assets mentioned can be liquidated, to fulfill those obligations.
- Secondary Education - In the United States, that usually means High School, covering grades 9-12, with some exceptions. With respect to this episode, Snyder works at a community college, which is considered a post-secondary educational institute.
- Sequester - To isolate or hide away (someone or something)
- Panic Room - To paraphrase Wikipedia, it is a fortified room within a structure, which is used in the event of a crisis, natural or otherwise. It can be as simple as a small closet, with a reinforced door and deadbolt, to either a concrete or kevlar lined room bolstered with grillwork (or steel sheets), equipped with communications gear and well-stocked with emergency supplies to outlast a siege till law-enforcement can arrive on-scene.
- AD - Assistant Director
- VIP - Very Important Person
- EMP - An Electromagnetic pulse is a short burst of electromagnetic energy, it can be natural or artificial. In the context of this episode, it's implied that it's artificial in origin.
- SOCOM - United States Special Operations Command is what is known as Unified Combatant Command, that is a command that is composed of forces from at least two Military Departments or branches of service. It oversees the various Special Operations Component Commands of the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Air Force of the United States Armed Forces. It is part of the Department of Defense and based at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida.
- In regards to the slide presented during the missing persons briefing, the following acronyms/names were used:
- CIA - The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is a real-life civilian foreign intelligence service of the United States federal government, tasked with gathering, processing and analyzing national security information from around the world, primarily through the use of human intelligence (HUMINT).
- Boeing / Lockheed - The real-life companies, Boeing & Lockheed, are private defense contractors, amongst other things.
- DARPA - The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) is a real-life agency of the U.S. Department of Defense responsible for the development of emerging technologies for use by the military. The Internet was originally called ARPANET and then for a time, DARPANET
- National Geospatial Agency - The real-life organization National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) is both a combat support agency, that is it takes part in high-level planning for wartime and other ongoing operations, under the United States Department of Defense, and an plays a role in the United States Intelligence Community. It collects, analyzes, and distributes geospatial intelligence (GEOINT), data that has a geographic component such as coordinates elevation, terrain, and etc , in support of national security.
- National Reconnaissance Office - The real-life agency National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) develops and operates overhead (satellite) reconnaissance systems and conducts intelligence-related activities for U.S. National Security.
- Defense Threat Reduction Agency - The real-life agency Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) is responsible for tracking, containing, and neutralizing Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD), such as Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical agents (NBC for short). The work is also known as counter-proliferation. Please note, in the episode it is referred to as the "Defense Nuclear Agency", an accepted abbreviation for the DTRA.
- ↑ USA Network and IMDB
"Eleven.Thirteen" · "Somewhere Out There" · "Sublimation · "Panopticon" · "Company Man" · "Fallout" ·